Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Intelliware is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities with dignity and respect and in accordance with Ontario Regulation 429/07 Accessibility Standards for Customer Service. This policy applies to all services delivered by Intelliware employees, by any means, including in person, by telephone, electronically, and/or by mail (visually, orally or by written means).
Intelliware shall meet its duties and responsibilities by adhering to the principles and practices listed below.
Training is provided for all employees that interact with the customer or public as determined by functional job responsibilities:
• Executives and Business Development
• Support Roles: Marketing, IT Support, Human Resources, Business Operations
• Project Staff: Product Managers, Delivery Managers, Technical/Team Leads, Developers, Quality Assurance, Business Analysis
Training covers the core principles of customer service which include: dignity, equity, inclusion, independence, integration, sensitivity and equality. Course curriculum includes:
• Requirements of customer service standard defined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
• Intelliware’s accessible customer service plan
• How to communicate and interact with people with disabilities
• How to interact with people who have an assistive device, service animal or support person
• How to utilize assisted devices
• What to do if a customer has difficulty accessing Intelliware services
Training for new employees will be provided during their first week and staff will be informed if there are any changes to Intelliware’s Accessible Customer Service Policy on an annual basis. Records are kept indicating the training date, participants, type of training (on-line or workshop) and the name of the trainer, if applicable.
Service Animals and Support Persons
A person with a disability accompanied by a service animal is allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to our customers.A support person who accompanies a person with a disability is allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to our customers. Employees are trained to identify support persons who may be paid professionals, volunteers, family members or friends that may accompany a customer to help with communication, mobility, personal care, medical needs or access to goods and services.
Notice of Temporary Disruptions
Intelliware will provide notice of temporary disruptions to our service or facilities used by persons with disabilities including the reason(s) for the disruption.
Feedback is welcome and valued for the continual improvement of services to avoid inadvertently excluding people with disabilities from activities or services. Employees will record any feedback provided in person, by telephone, via e-mail, or any other means. All feedback will be directed to the VP, Human Resources. Customers can expect to hear back within a week.